Monday, November 7, 2011

Two more...

I figured I would stray behind on this Thankfulness list. Fhew...

Does anyone else feel like the days have gotten shorter?

I suppose they feel like they do since it's dark by 5:00 p.m. now.

There is not enough time in the day anymore for me 


but to have any time at all, I am thankful.

Because you know, if the days were too long...I could be complaining how work lasts forever.
Onto Thankfulness...


6. I am thankful for God's provision over my life.
The past few weeks have been tough for me. My mind has just felt so boggled by stress, business, work, church, and trying to fit everything else in that matters so much. 
I stop and think, "Where has all the time gone? I need more time to rest." 
I realize how much I've been staying under a gloomy cloud. Feeling like I don't even want to think of my worries or hear encouragement about my current adventure because it reminds me of how I may not be fit for it. But I have got to tell myself; "you can do it! 
Why do you doubt yourself so much? Why are you giving up so easily?...
Give it all to God." 
Let go of your worries and trust in Him.


2 Corinthians 9:8"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work"
Philippians 4:19"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

...onto the next on my list.

7. I am thankful for a God who needs nothing from us; We need everything from Him; 
He longs for us to just worship Him.

This statement I've read or heard this week within the last couple of days a few times. I think I might have needed the reminder that I have been relying too much on myself for the things I need. 
When I go through a day without scripture, it is harder to survive throughout the day. 
It is hard to have hope or to be in the right mind set.
When I haven't taken the time to immerse myself prayer, 
I understand that I'm headed into a battle of a day I can't win on my own.


Romans 12:1-2  
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

Galatians 2:20 
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

James 4:8 
"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you…"


With Love,
Lindsay



No comments:

Post a Comment