Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Challenges this week.

I have felt challenged this week in getting my Etsy up, by failing to connect my paypal account up, and continuing to feel like I haven't had the time or energy after work. But I am still moving forward friends! I'm excited to show my new designs and all of my different patterns and shapes. I also bought more vintage fabric yesterday, and I'm pretty ready to see what I can create with them. I hope to have my Etsy up very soon and when I do, I will surely let you know of it! 

In other news...


I have been challenged this past and current week to be in God's Word. There are so many mornings when sleeping 15 minutes longer feels so much better than to get up and be fed spiritually in Christ.
I have trouble in seasons when I feel overwhelmed, like I never feel rested. But, I also grow tired of not being freshly renewed by The Word every morning, when I am not consistently picking it up and making time for it. It has always been a struggle for me since I was younger. I grew up in a Christian household, but picking up the word never felt like a priority to me, or at least, I never made it to be one. 
As I have become a woman and a wife, God's word is sweet honey. Sometimes when I come across verses that I have never read, I am simply amazed at the gift we have in our hands, and the ability we have to become strong and wise by His Word. 
Picking up our bibles every morning isn't necessarily a hard physical task. Mentally, we can be elsewhere and place it to the side.
Our pastor spoke about transformation. If we are really following Him, there is change in our lives; with reconciliation comes transformation. If within us is the holy spirit, are we putting in the effort for Christ to reign the highest above all in our lives? 


"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."
 2 Corinthians 3:18





With Love,
Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. I need to hear more things like this.. truthful reminders that being with God in his word is the best use of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this Lindsay. I am constantly reminded too. And then when I actually do pick it up, I forget how filling it truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting this! i have also been really struggling with the whole aspect of His word being my bread + water. but it's so true that if we are truly following Him, we would allow Him to reign above all in our lives...

    susan

    ReplyDelete