Thursday, February 17, 2011

The funds are here.

It has been two years since I graduated from my massage therapy school, and I am finally getting my licensing. Took long enough, didn't it? But my passion for it never died. It's a shame how money can be the only thing holding us back from something with potential.
When we moved to California, we lived off of school loans, lived in a tiny thousand dollar a month studio, and thus, couldn't save money, barely getting by. The next year, has gone by in a whirl where it had still been a struggle to save, having only one income from a part time job. Now that Matt has found a great job and is working full time, we are on our way.

Sometimes it is difficult for me to not want all the expectations newlyweds have; a house, stable income, etc. But marrying young, we have had to make sacrifices. How can I expect so much when all of our needs have been met so greatly because of our family. They care for us so deeply with their generosity, love,  and guidance. In times that I struggle with wanting so much and expecting more, I have to remember we are being cared for; the Lord has a plan for us. We may not be living in the ideal place, but the Lord has a plan for us; His timing is perfect. And that is what I have been thinking about this past week. Waiting two years to get my licensing has been hard. I've felt like I've lost time in learning more as a therapist, but yet I feel like I've gained so much growth and knowledge that has kept me going, and will enable me to be successful in my therapies.


The funds are here, due to some earned cash, but mostly by my family. I am very thankful.
All I need to do is renew my insurance, get my finger prints, turn in paper work and pay these people.

And then? Imma ready.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. I totally felt discouraged after not being able to make anything of my massage business in the time frame i felt it should have happened. though i am happy with where i am now, i still can't help but just feel joy for your passion and follow through!


    www.herwhitehat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Lindsay! Proud of you! You are an amazing young lady! Go get em! Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lindsay, thanks for stopping by! praise God for godly husbands! and thanks for the encouragement of this post -- we too are not in an ideal situation which would probably entail a cozy house somewhere... we're currently in the process of paying off debt, but God is faithful because we can live with my parents for the time being... we both love it alot and get along well with the parents. i guess what I'm trying to say is that during this season of our lives, God knew what we needed to pay it off quicker and at the same allow my daughter to grow up with her grandparents. While a house would be awesome right now, His plans are better than my own.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can definitely relate to this post. it's hard to stay above the debts (i have student loans too), and not wish for that which you cannot afford (like a beautiful home of our own). but i strive to live in the moment and enjoy what we have now! :D

    ReplyDelete