Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So what? Who Caaaaes?

So I've been out of the blogging world for a while.
I would have to say my excuse is sleepiness, but most of all, busi-ness.
Today is my birthday! It wasn't very adventurous since I worked all day, but last saturday we got the Goss and Douglas family all together to eat out at Nakato...


And then we went for fro-yo. You know, frozen yogurt. I learned that slang in Cali, ya'll.



In other news....

I feel that God has been preparing our hearts for change. God only knows when our careers are going to take flight, when we'll have our own home, or begin to have children, (which is a few years away, we hope.) But all we can do is prepare ourselves practically, and spiritually; Be attentive to obey Him, pray for guidance and patience. I thought about this the other day while on my way to work...
 We make plans for our lives, how we're going to succeed at this or that and what we want for ourselves. And I believe that is valuable. But when it really comes down to it, Christ gives us answers, leads us. His will for our lives is better than what we want for our lives. Why? He is our ultimate provider;  We were created to give Him glory. 
Why would we want to give up a great joy in following Him?

You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.


So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.


Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,


With Love,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment