Wednesday, April 6, 2011

He is bigger.

Ahhhhh...Springtime!
Been spending lots of time outside.
Well.
I've been trying to. So far I have a sunburn, so there's the evidence.
But, today felt more successful only because Matt was right beside me.
Cool and collected about the bees and wasps that buzz and frighten me.
While he doesn't budge when they come a buzzin'.
If I'm alone, I flinch.
If they continue to buzz around me, I run inside and yelp so loud, the sound echos in the neighborhood.
Other than being around things that both buzz and sting...
I think I'm pretty calm most of the time.

Onto more important topics...

I love the rushing waters that come when being in consistent prayer and devotion to reading His word. 
If I could describe our marriage lately in one word, I would say unity.
Now, although we were unified in Christ through our marriage, the water doesn't always feel to full and rushing. When our priorities have been unorganized, we begin to thirst for things of the flesh, and our focus is not only selfish, but misguided. 
I've learned more than I can explain in the past year and 9 months of being married, and one of the most important things I've learned is keeping Christ's will for our lives the focus. We were called to be disciples; we should yearn for the Word and to hear from the Holy Spirit. 
It's amazing what Christ has done in our lives the past month. I have seen so much change in my husband as he has taken a godly leadership position in our Marriage. He motivates and encourages me to read and be in consistent prayer throughout the day, not just by a gentle vocal reminder, but by leading an example in reading and praying himself. 
The Lord knows our hearts, but He wants to hear our prayers. And it's so easy to get caught up in worldly worries and productivity and forget all the things that should take up our time and energy. 
I just want you to encourage you. Whether you are married, engaged, in a relationship, or single. 
Christ is bigger than all of this. He is worth the time and the energy. There are people in the world who have never heard His name, who know nothing about His Grace and Love, who are living in desolate places full of sin and hopelessness. It is worth it in the end to struggle and seek, even give up our dreams, when others find freedom in His Kingdom and Lord is glorified.

Matthew 6:25-33 
25"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
   26"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
   27"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
   28"And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
   29yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
   30"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
   31"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
   32"For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
   33"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."



With Love,
Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment