Saturday, April 9, 2011

Use Me.

I'm really happy where the Lord is leading us. Here is why.

I grew up in a Christian home, and I am very thankful for it. I'm thankful that I never stopped asking questions and that I wanted the light on the truth. I felt like I have had a concrete base knowledge of the Lord, being built up and encouraged to walk in Christ through growing up with dedicated youth pastors and their wives. Their passion for the Lord drew me into wanting to know Him more. Though I didn't always have a strong relationship with the Lord, I've always felt like the Lord has pursued me and I him. I was very young when I asked for the Lord to be in my heart. I actually can't even remember how old I was, I was that young. But I vividly remember kneeling beside my sister's bedside with my Mother, and telling her 'I wanted to join, I wanted to be saved.' Even though I was practically a baby, I know I remember this memory for a reason, and believe the Lord's hand and provision was over my life from there, and that I would continue to grow in His Love. Through many doubts and turning around and around in my faith through childhood, I've grown to trust in Him greatly. There was significance to my doubts and to my lack of understanding, because once I learned the significance of my life in His hands, I understood I was redeemed by the Lord from my sin by the blood that was shed on the cross.


I am realizing more and more this year the Grace the Lord has for me through stories in the Bible, and through providing for us everyday. I am learning how unreachable and unattainable the Lord's knowledge is and that relying on His knowledge and understanding is essential each day.
I'm really enjoying our community group from our church as we go through the old testament, studying the story of God; the foundation and happenings that took place, pointing to the Lord, and leading up to the time of Jesus on Earth. All leading to Him, to show that He is King of kings, and Lord of lords. He is the Messiah!
 In my life, I've never been able to connect this deeply into the old testament, and it's really exciting. I've never really been deep in the old testament for several reasons, one being I've not really been able to find a connection with it in my life or the Lords on my own. I don't believe I could study the old testament and understand the parallels without some guidance, so having this time to deepen my knowledge, is deepening my awe of the Lord.
Because I've never been an intellectual person, it's always been something that has affected me negatively. It has held me back from reaching out to others, when I felt called to pray with them. 
The devil has very much a way of holding us down and keeping us far away for pursuing others and the Lord.
But God has taught me so much in the last few years that He wants to use all of us and that through having differences in knowledge, character, and strengths, He is able to use us. I believe that through having a heart of compassion, He can use me to His advantage. That though I hunger for knowledge and know it is important to keep feeding myself, He will speak through me; He will use me.



It's amazing what weight the Lord can place upon your heart when you pray and ask for His will to be done. The Lord has been working in Matt and I a lot the past few months. We've been asking for His will to be done in our lives, to use us beyond measure. The days have been turning and the Lord has been at work faithfully and fast. I'm seeing how He has been preparing both Matt and I even before we met. He places so many layers into our lives to be used, and though a lot of work has been put into making us, I feel that this to Him was effortless. He has prepared so much, and I am seeing it all come together into a full orchestra. Like every resonant moment has been a musician, and that He just keeps adding to the orchestra; He keeps providing and keeps delivering.

If you're reading, please pray for us. Pray that the we will follow the Lord's guidance and that we would have a clear understanding of where He's leading us.

How is the Lord working in your life these days?

With all my Love,
Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I love your story and I like the previous post where you said you are a "disciple of Christ" I think we should strive to not only be followers of Jesus, but disciples! Inspiring blog:)

    ReplyDelete