Monday, November 21, 2011

Renewal.

I'm beginning to feel a renewed passion and excitement to create things. Sometimes I wish I went through college to just learn, instead of feeling like it was a vital need to just get an education so I could work to have money. I never really felt like I was raised with the knowledge to be a life time learner. It's not that I've knowingly gone through life with that thought, but I didn't grow into the habit early enough in life to know that listening or practicing to something once is not enough. I've learned the hard way that repetitiveness works for me. I can't fully retain knowledge, let alone stories once, and be able to tell them right back. I'm terrible with giving directions, and taking standardized tests. There are just things I know I'm not good at. The problem is that I need to spend more time making lists of things I wish to learn more about, do those things, and repeat. I was thinking today as I was driving to work, how little time we really have here on Earth. How little time we have to make an impact in life. Not to impress people, but to glorify God, spend time deep in prayer, to give our all, to encourage, love, bring peace and kindness. To create, accomplish, try, seek, believe in ourselves and others.
I know that my walk with Christ cannot be lived in a one time listener type of way. Even as a believer, I am consistently being washed clean by the pure blood of Christ, and to be repenting my sinful heart and actions daily. 
It took a one time death of The One to cleanse me, but I must repent of it all, each day and strive to live like Christ. I cannot read a verse in the bible once and be convinced I am never to read it again. Have you ever come back to a verse you know you've read, because it seems to ring so beautifully in your ears, and flow like refreshing waters? What a feeling!

I feel this need to leave Facebook. Everytime I look at the news feed, I find myself reading things that don't need to fill my brain. Sure I love people, and reconnecting, but am I really using it as a tool? I don't think I've convinced myself to leave it completely, but just to have less to do with it. To place more time and brain power into time with my husband, to create things, market my business and be productive. I'm not saying I spend hours upon hours staring at what suzie, bobby, and billy are doing at the moment, but to take away those few moments a day, maybe I could think a little clearer, and put more care into things that need my attention and focus. I'm not trying to convict anyone of their use of FB, but this is my own belief for what works for me in my life. 

I feel like my time management, energy, and attitude could use a makeover. To look towards the positive, to things on my plate, the people in my life, the Lord of my life...and to wait patiently through the hard times knowing that my God is orchestrating something beautiful. I may not hear it the music, but oh to give Him all the glory, to sing Him a new song! 
Oh how He Loves us.

Only by His Love,
Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. i wish i could smoke what you just wrote, this is some pretty good shiz, lindsay. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay, sounds like God is doing a great work in you already! To even realize a need to be renewed by the Lord is grace itself. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

    ReplyDelete