Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Perfect Love casts out fear.."

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love" 1 John 4:18
Tonight, as I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, I began thinking about what I'd like to be doing day to day, the things I would like to accomplish, and where the Lord is going to lead me this year. I think of the things I would like to do, but am unsure of how to do them. I think of the places I'd like to go, but I do not know how to get there. While thinking through all the possibilities and great opportunities I could have this year, I realize my thoughts are gripped by fear. I realize how much I live by fear and make my decisions based upon those fears; my insecurities, my lacking. I also realize that I don't place very much emphasis on the trials which have been overcome by the Grace of God. I've forgotten how I got to the place that I am in. I began thinking of how far I've come since I graduated from Massage Therapy School, and how my dream has always been to have my own business, with a relaxing atmosphere; a place for comfort, build relationships, and add simple little touches that made my business special. I've accomplished the things which I thought I could never do. I know the Lord is teaching me to rejoice, to look towards the future with hope in Him and not fear.


I know without a doubt that I am weaker vessel without Christ in my life. I have a hard time each morning choosing to sit down and reading His word. It is one of the many things I've always had trouble with. I claim to love the God who I worship, but do I really know Him? If I want my life to reflect Christ, I need to spend my time relishing in who the Lord is through His Word. I know my fleshly desires are strong and the only thing that can overcome my sin is seeking the truth of His word, day in and day out. I cannot do the things I wish to do without Him. I know that I have a hard time not believing these fears and failures every single day. 
I choose this year to not live by fear, but by the Lord's truth about the new creation I am through only Him. He has washed us clean. Isn't it time we delight in the fact He has done this for us? To choose to think on the things that are holy, pure, blameless, righteous, true. Clinging to scripture and deep in prayer. I will think upon these things and live by the Hope the Lord has given me as His daughter. Only He has washed me clean. Only He casts out fear and darkness. 
For He is Light.  
Come and behold him, come fall in love again.
His desire is for you.


All He wants is you.
"For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline."  2 Timothy 1:7
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt
With much Love,
Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, thank you so much for writing. This is so much of what God is teaching me as well.

    ReplyDelete